Rainbow Coloured Rice:
Rainbow Coloured Rice is great for sensory play, and we just couldn’t wait to share the recipe with you!
Coloured rice is so simple to make, so little one’s will not only enjoy playing with the brightly coloured rice, but can join in the fun of making it too.
What you’ll need:
- 1 Tablespoon of Vinegar
- 1 Cup of rice
- Food colouring (add a few drops until it reaches your desired colour)
- Ziploc bags or a plastic bag tied up
- Pour the cup of rice into the ziploc/plastic bag;
- Add the vinegar and food colouring and then seal the bag;
- Shake it up for a few minutes to get the colour evenly spread out;
- Empty the packet of rice and colouring mix, onto a baking sheet and allow to dry.
…and that’s it! Now get ready to have some fun.
Put the rice on a tray, in a large flat bowl, or on a lap desk, and give your child spoons, different types of cups, jugs and bowls to play with, sit back and relax, while they keep themselves entertained for hours.
Cleaning up is quick and easy, and if you keep the rainbow rice stored in an airtight container, it can last an entire year!
Do you have any colourful or creative play ideas? Please share them with us in the comments below.